Δευτέρα 5 Μαρτίου 2012

Monthly Monday (2): February

 Monthly Monday is a meme I decided to start because most memes I found were about "what I will be doing this week or month" and I needed "what I did this month". Also, I didn't want to limit myself to books; I wanted the freedom to write about everything I read and saw that month (be it film or book). So that is how Monthly Monday started forming in my mind. I guess it's kind of like a monthly recap of what i did. I will be posting on the first Monday of every month and talking about everything i read or saw the month that passed.
I hope you enjoy and feel free to join :)

Books:


Cracked
by K.M. Walton

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars






Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, Book 1)
Veronica Rossi

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars






The Glass Menagerie
by Tennessee Williams

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars






Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, Book 1)
by Marissa Meyer

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars






Shatter Me (Shatter Me, Book 1)
by Tahereh Mafi

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars






Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1)
by Susan Ee

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars






The Pledge (The Pledge, Book 1)
by Kimberly Derting

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars






Courtney Crumin and the Night Things (Courtney Crumin, Vol. 1)
by Ted Maifeh

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

 [my review]



Statistics:

Books = 8
Female Authors = 6 / Male Authors = 2
(single POV) Female POV = 2 / Male POV = 0
(multiple POV) = 4
Series = 6 / Standalones = 2
(Genre) YA = 6 / Classic =1 / Graphic Novel = 1
(Format) Paperback = 1 / eBook = 7
(Publication Date) 2012 = 3 / 2011 = 3 / 2003 = 1 / 1945 = 1  
Pages: 2,228
(Purchased = 7) B&N = 6 / Other Greek bookstore = 1
(Free = 1, ARC from NetGalley)
Day in which most books were read on: Thursday = 3 /Wednesday = 2 / Monday = 1 / Tuesday = 1 /Sunday = 1 / Friday =0 / Saturday = 0

Book I liked the most: Angelfall by Susan Ee
Book I liked the least: The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Films/Movies:


The Woman In Black (2012)

I just  can't get used to Daniel Radcliffe playing a role that isn't Harry Potter. Despite this, he did a good job. The movie was ok, not really scary but it did have the element of surprise.






Wishful Thinking (1996)

I love Drew Barrymore. This was a very interesting movie and what made it unique was that it showed (more or less) the exact same scene 4 times from each characters perspective.




Red Riding Hood (2011)

I did NOT see that ending coming. It kept me wondering all the way to the end. I also love Amanda Seyfried.







Priest (2011)

I really like Paul Bettany and I find him hot in a bad-boy kind of way. I'm not really sure about how I feel about this movie though. I mean I know it's not really supposed to be realistic, but some of the stunts were way too much (see part where Paul Bettany jumps in the air and his partner throws two rocks his way and Paul steps on them as if he were climbing up the stairs and then kills a vampire mid-air).



Striptease (1996)

I can't believe Demi Moore has an eating disorder, her body was so perfect, so healthy-looking and sexy. It's sad that she thought she needed to lose weight. Anyway, the movie was ok, it was an interesting thriller but there wasn't something special about it (other than the very sexy Demi Moore dancing).




Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)

They have all the Charlie's Angels movies on TV every year and since it had been a while since I last saw them I thought I might as well see them on TV this year. Unfortunately I only got the chance to watch the second one, but all the Charlie's Angels movies are fun.

[IMDb]



Film/Movie I liked the most: Wishful Thinking
Film/Movie I liked the least: The Woman in Black

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου