Κυριακή 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Monthly Monday (1): January

Monthly Monday is a meme I decided to start because most memes I found were about "what I will be doing this week or month" and I needed "what I did this month". Also, I didn't want to limit myself to books; I wanted the freedom to write about everything I read and saw that month (be it film or book). So that is how Monthly Monday started forming in my mind. I will be posting on the first Monday of every month and talking about everything i read or saw the month that passed.
I hope you enjoy and feel free to join :)

Books:



Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series, Book 1)
by Laini Taylor

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

[Goodreads]

[my review]






To Kill A Mockingbird
by Harper Lee

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars






Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

[Goodreads]

[my review]





Films/Movies:



Friends With Benefits (2011)
It was a fun comedy. Very light, nothing serious. Of course, the story was not very original and it was pretty predictable... just saying

[IMDb]








To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
There were many parts of the book that were left out, but then again, not everything can fit into a movie. I did enjoy it and certainly do recommend it.









Human Trafficking (2005)
This was a movie i remember my parents watching on TV a few years ago. I finally saw the whole movie and wow.. i mean it's so scary that such a thing really exists and that it isn't really as rare as we'd expect it to be.








Taken (2008)
I saw this right after watching Human Trafficking becasue it also deals with human trafficking. Both movies i recommend, they are very good and handle the subject with the seriousness it deserves.








Osama (2003)
This was part of our English assignment at college. This is NOT a light movie, it is VERY heavy and if you watch it i am almost CERTAIN that it will affect you some way.








Pan's Labyrinth (2005)
My friend made me watch this because she said it was her favorite movie. At first i didn't really know what to expect because she hadn't prepared me, i thought it would be a child's tale, something light but touching. It WASN'T light and it was VERY touching. Now it's also one of my favorites.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου