Πέμπτη 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Publisher: Feral Dream
Publication Date: 21 May 2011
Series or Standalone: Series
ISBN-13: 2940012975348
Format: eBook
Pages: 255
Websites:
 Susan Ee - Official Site
Susan Ee - Twitter
Susan Ee - Goodreads


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Penryn & the End of Days Series Order:
Book 1: Angelfall
Book 2: Untitled (~Summer 2012)
Book 3: Untitled
Book 4: Untitled
Book 5: Untitled

Overview:

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

______________________
 
Angelfall… wow… I feel like I literally don’t have the words to express how awesome, how amazing, how much I loved this book. To tell you the truth, I didn’t expect it to affect me this much but those are always the most pleasant surprises, when you find a gem where you least expect it. I don’t usually read self-published books, I usually don’t even have time to read most of the books I want and intend to read but I saw a review by Irish at Ticket ToAnywhere and she persuaded me to give it a try, the ebook was only $0.99 at Barnes & Noble anyway. Best $0.99 ever spent.

I loved the characters, especially Penryn. She had such a strong female leading role. She was street-smart, ready to fight and survive in a lawless and destroyed world. She cared for her family and she was loyal to them right to the very end and she always followed her instincts when she found herself in a dangerous and difficult situation.

The plot was full of twists and never once were they predictable. I was sucked into the story, literally forgetting anything going on around me from the very beginning, from the very first page. And I loooooved that opening line “Ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious”. There something about it that just caught my attention right away and enchanted me.

Another thing that caught my attention was how action-packed it was. My heart was beating fast and adrenaline was pumping through me for the most part. I finished it last night at 3 am because I couldn’t stop until I found out what happened and when I woke up this morning and I was surprised to see there were still remains of my feelings from last night. I am desperate to see what happens next.

There were a few questions that I would like answers to, for example, why did her father leave them? I can’t express any of my other questions without spoilers so I’ll just keep them to myself. Perhaps they will be answered in book 2 (I’m pretty sure the questions I can’t express because of spoilers will be answered in book 2).

I feel like I want to find Susan Ee and just rave about how awesome Angelfall was. I might do that through her blog. I love love loved this book, I had no difficulty putting it on my “favorites” shelf and I can’t wait to read the next one. I still feel like I haven’t justified this book enough but I also feel like I never could no matter what I say because I’m at a loss of words because of how awesome it is.

Challenge(s): 2012 eBook Challenge

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου